More evidence suggests the first iPad with Face ID is in the works
Face ID might be the signature feature of the iPhone X, but it won’t remain an iPhone X-only trick. The 3D facial recognition system will be available on all 2018 iPhones, many reports have suggested. The technology is also being adapted for iPad, reports have said, and now there’s more evidence to back up those claims.
Code found in the first iOS 11.3 beta release mentions a “modern iPad,” which developers see as the equivalent for last year’s “modern iPhone.” That modern iPhone turned out to be the iPhone X with Face ID.
BGR Top Deals:
- How could you not spend $37 on a box that’ll save you $120 a year on your cable bill?
- The $15 slow cooker that sold out in 10 minutes is finally back in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Everything there is to know about the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ just leaked
- Apple’s first new iPhone of 2018 will reportedly launch as soon as May
- $40 kit transforms your wall outlets into gigabit Ethernet jacks in 5 seconds
More evidence suggests the first iPad with Face ID is in the works originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 26 Jan 2018 at 19:22:28 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.