More changes are coming to Instagram, including gifs in the DMs and maybe even hideable hashtags
Those of you who drown your Instagram captions in hashtags to rack up all those sweet, sweet likes for your photos (#and #you #know #who #you #are), Instagram appears to be testing a new feature just for you.
The test involves making hashtags not show up in the captions but still preserve the ability for them to surface your post in searches. The hashtags would apparently show up as blocks underneath a post as part of this new feature, credit for the discovery of which goes to indefatigable app researcher Jane Manchun Wong (We, and many other sites, have written previously about other buried or not-yet-announced features of various apps she's discovered early).
BGR Top Deals:
- Prime members can still get a 4K Fire TV for the price of a Fire TV Stick
- Today’s top deals: Kindle Paperwhite, Nest thermostat, $20 Bluetooth earphones, top robot vacuum, more
Trending Right Now:
- Scientists gave a bunch of octopuses ecstasy and they started acting just like humans
- An army of spiders is slowly taking over a Greek town, but it’s totally fine
- Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL were just listed on an online store
More changes are coming to Instagram, including gifs in the DMs and maybe even hideable hashtags originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 20 Sep 2018 at 23:34:38 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.