Model 3 deliveries to early reservation holders may start next week
Like the Model S and Model Y before it, Tesla's ballyhooed Model 3 has been beset with production delays. Due to some manufacturing bottlenecks, Tesla last quarter only managed to manufacture 260 Model 3 units, a figure far below the 1,500 units Tesla initially projected early on.
In fact, the manufacturing issues plaguing the Model 3 were so significant that Elon Musk a few weeks ago pushed back Tesla's Model 3 production goals by a few months. Under the new timeline, Tesla is hoping to manufacture 5,000 Model 3 vehicles per week by the first quarter of 2018, which effectively gives the company to the end of March to meet their goal.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $46 sound bar, best fast wireless charger, August lock, Norelco shavers, more
- This is pretty much the only way you’re getting a Super NES Classic before Christmas
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s what your cat is telling you when it shows you its butt
- People are ditching cable at record speed, so of course AT&T is hiking prices
- Details emerge about a third new iPhone X successor Apple will debut next year
Model 3 deliveries to early reservation holders may start next week originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2017 at 16:20:02 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.