Microsoft quietly increased the price of Windows 10, but you can still get it for cheap right now
Over the weekend, Microsoft had to pull its major fall update to Windows 10 after it emerged that the new software was deleting files wile upgrading. And, in a move that you have to assume wasn't pre-planned, Microsoft also increased the cost of Windows 10 Home edition to $139 if you want to buy it new, up from $119.
Microsoft is the only company that still charges money for a major operating system. Apple long ago gave up charging for macOS or iOS, although that situation is a little different since you have to buy Apple hardware to run macOS. Android and Chrome OS, however, don't cost users anything, so Microsoft is increasingly isolated with its Windows pay-to-play system.
BGR Top Deals:
- Nest’s Learning Thermostat is down to its lowest price since Prime Day
- Protect your $1,000+ iPhone XS or XS Max with an ultra-thin case made of real body armor
Trending Right Now:
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 launch gave California residents another scare
- There’s something wrong with the Hubble Space Telescope
- 5 paid iPhone apps you can download for free on October 8th
Microsoft quietly increased the price of Windows 10, but you can still get it for cheap right now originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 15:34:42 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.