Microsoft discontinues Kinect Adapter for Xbox One, killing the accessory once and for all
Despite making a splash when it launched for the Xbox 360 in 2010, the Kinect never seemed to find a foothold in the market. There simply weren't ever enough games that utilized the hardware to make it a compulsory purchase for an Xbox owner, especially when the second version of the Kinect launched on the Xbox One in 2013.
But if there was ever a sign that the Kinect was truly dead, it was this week when Microsoft confirmed to Polygon that it has ceased production of the Kinect Adapter. This USB accessory was the only way for Xbox One S, Xbox One X and Windows users to hook the Kinect up to their devices, and now it's gone for good.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $15 Bluetooth earbuds, $25 home security cam, perfect egg cooker, Sonos, more
- $42 kit converts any car’s headlights to LEDs
Trending Right Now:
- Morons are obsessed with ‘raw water’ that will probably make them sick
- Severe Intel security issue may impact all Macs and Windows PCs
- One of the Galaxy S8’s most unique features will be even better on the Galaxy S9
Microsoft discontinues Kinect Adapter for Xbox One, killing the accessory once and for all originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 3 Jan 2018 at 12:21:01 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.