When Mega Man 10 came out in 2010, it looked like the beloved franchise might finally be coming to an end. But then on Monday, during a Mega Man 30th anniversary live stream, Capcom announced that the Blue Bomber will make his triumphant return in late 2018 with the release of Mega Man 11 on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.
While Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 both retained the 8-bit graphics of the original NES games, Mega Man 11 will feature a new, cel-shaded look with 3D sprites and environments. At first glance, it looks more like Mighty No. 9 than the Mega Man of old, but hopefully it will play better than the widely-derided spiritual successor.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling soundbar, Philips Hue, Sonos speakers, Christmas lasers, more
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 wants to be an even better desktop computer than its predecessor
- Samsung needed 8 months to figure out there are no Microsoft Edition Galaxy phones
- NASA raises possibility of life on Pluto, says the dwarf planet may be hiding a vast ocean
‘Mega Man 11’ coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC in late 2018 originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 4 Dec 2017 at 15:06:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.