Apple today released updates for the operating systems that power iPhones, iPads, Macs, Apple Watches, and Apple TVs. iOS 9.2, OS X El Capitan 10.11.2, WatchOS 2.1, and tvOS 9.1 are all available on their respective devices.
iOS 9.2: Apple Music is now slightly better
Available for devices going back to the iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5th generation, and iPad 2, this iOS update includes a few minor improvements for Apple Music:
- You can now create a new playlist when adding a song to a playlist
- Your most recently changed playlist is now listed at the top when adding songs to playlists
- Download albums or playlists from your iCloud Music Library by tapping the iCloud download button
- See which songs have been downloaded with the new download indicator next to each song in My Music and Playlists
- See works, composers, and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog
iBooks has a couple of improvements, including support for 3D Touch on the iPhone 6S "to peek and pop pages from the table of contents, your notes and bookmarks, or from search results inside a book." iBooks also now supports listening to an audiobook while you read other books or search for books in your library or the store.