It's been a generally-agreed fact for years that Mars is hiding significant ice deposits. But the size and location of the frozen water has been uncertain, and no robotic probes have yet been able to find or extract any samples from the surface of our planetary neighbor.
But according to researchers who have analyzed imagery from two orbiting satellites, a number of sites on the planet are harboring huge "cliffs" of ice, exposed on the surface and hundreds of feet tall.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $12 Alexa smart bulb, Nest Thermostat, Sony soundbar, perfect egg cooker, more
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
Trending Right Now:
- Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9
- This iPhone X deal is too good to turn down, T-Mobile customer or not
- Uber had a secret program that froze company computers if the police raided an office
Mars is hiding huge water reserves just under its surface originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 17:43:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.