Man sues AT&T after hackers stole $24 million in cryptocurrency
As to the particulars of what happened, Terpin's complaint lays out how he was the victim of digital identity theft when someone managed to take control over his phone number without having to provide the requisite forms of identification. With possession of the number in tow, the hackers ultimately managed to access his cryptocurrency accounts and wipe them clean.
BGR Top Deals:
- $25 is all it takes to get a mosquito repellent that actually works
- Aukey just released new earbuds that give you 1 hour of playback with just a 15-minute charge
Trending Right Now:
- Everyone who died in ‘Infinity War’ and everyone confirmed to come back to life in ‘Avengers 4’
- Apple may have found a brilliant way to bring fingerprint sensors back to all-screen iPhones
- Blood pressure medication recalled because it gives you cancer instead
Man sues AT&T after hackers stole $24 million in cryptocurrency originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 18:40:39 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.