Man diagnosed with eye-eating parasite claims he got it from a water park
Amusement parks are supposed to be a fun break from sweaty summer days, letting you kick back and enjoy yourself before returning to the real world. One Pennsylvania man now claims that his experience at a Kennywood amusement park was anything but, and that not only did he leave without a smile on his face, but with a flesh-eating parasite gnawing away at is eye.
The man, Robert Trostle, claims that a visit to the local park in July took a downturn when he got in line for a ride called Raging Rapids. The ride is supposed to simulate being on a whitewater rafting adventure, but when Trostle and his wife got in line they noticed that the waterfall that is suppose to simulate a fast-moving river wasn't working. The water that sat below the waterfall was stagnant and sludgy, according to Trostle. The couple decided to take a chance on the ride anyway, which turned out to be a very bad idea.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
- Hurry: The Nest Thermostat is back on sale below its Black Friday price
Trending Right Now:
- Google Assistant now recommends a plumber or locksmith, and it’s a disaster in the making
- Astronomers spot a planet so hostile they had a hard time believing it
- Jony Ive is apparently not a fan of last year’s iPhone design
Man diagnosed with eye-eating parasite claims he got it from a water park originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 30 Nov 2017 at 18:31:42 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.