If there's one science fiction weapon that geeks truly long for a real-world representation of more than any other, it has to be the iconic Star Wars lightsaber. At present, there are two schools of thought when it comes to making a modern day lightsaber: either settle for an incredibly bright light tube that looks like the real deal but does absolutely no damage to anything, or use some type of fire-based tool that doesn't look much like a lightsaber but could still be used as a real weapon. What you're about to see most definitely falls into the latter category.
YouTuber Sufficiently Advanced has created lightsabers in the past — most notably a flame-shooting variant that looks awesome but only poses a threat to balloons and arm hair — but his latest project ratchets things up a few notches. His new thermic lance lightsaber isn't something you'd want to fend off in a fight, but you'll see that it's not exactly the unstoppable laser sword of our dreams.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s Cyber Monday 2017 sale is live right now – here are the best deals
- 10 of Amazon’s best-selling Black Friday deals are still available today
Trending Right Now:
- Another report says Galaxy S9 will launch in January, and another flagship is coming early too
- Samsung trolled Apple, and now Motorola is mocking both of them
- Best Buy’s Cyber Monday 2017 sales are live now: iPhone 7, iPad Air, and TV deals
Madman creates thermic lance ‘lightsaber,’ and you wouldn’t want to fight it originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 at 16:17:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.