LG’s upcoming iPhone X and Galaxy S9 rival might be completely redesigned before it launches
Apple reimagined the smartphone more than 10 years ago, and the iPhone became the new norm for smartphone makers. But very few managed to thrive after the first iPhone rolled out in 2007. Samsung came up with the best approach, and the recipe worked: Copy the iPhone as much as possible while spending tens of billions of dollars on marketing that makes fun of the iPhone.
LG, meanwhile, wasn’t able to replicate Samsung’s success. After so many years making smartphones, including a few more-than-decent Nexus devices for Google, LG appears to be in a dark place right now. Word on the street is that LG’s chief has ordered a revision of the phone intended to compete against the iPhone X and the Galaxy S9, and the handset’s launch has been delayed as a result.
BGR Top Deals:
- These $24 wireless earbuds sound better than $159 AirPods for one main reason
- The $40 AirPods rivals everyone loves just dropped to $19.99 for the first time
Trending Right Now:
- The Vikings-Saints game was so crazy, Apple Watches told fans they might be having heart issues
- Everyone is obsessed with a new Google app that uses selfies to find your fine art look-alike
- Viral video supposedly shows a UFO hovering in the sky over Mexico
LG’s upcoming iPhone X and Galaxy S9 rival might be completely redesigned before it launches originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 15 Jan 2018 at 15:31:32 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.