The Galaxy S9 isn’t the only Android flagship smartphone that's supposed to debut in the first half of the year. Samsung’s long-time rival LG will soon unveil the LG G6’s successor, a phone that will hopefully be a worthy alternative to the Galaxy S9.
But don’t expect the phone to be called the LG G7. LG will overhaul the naming structure of its flagship smartphone line to make it seem more relevant, reports say. Also, don’t expect this G7 phone to hit stores before the Galaxy S9 does.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
Trending Right Now:
- NASA’s Juno just sent back a photo of Jupiter that looks too insane to be real
- Melting glaciers aren’t just causing sea levels to rise – they’re causing the ocean floor to sink
- The 10 most exciting announcements so far from CES 2018
LG’s new flagship might launch a month after the Galaxy S9 with a brand-new name originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Jan 2018 at 18:58:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.