LG and Sprint are going to launch a 5G phone next year, and they promise it won’t be ugly
Sprint and LG announced today that they're going to work together to launch a 5G phone on Sprint's new 5G network in the first half of 2019. Crucially, the two companies promise that it will be a "really elegant, high-end premium look-and-feel phone ... not much thicker than a normal high-end premium smartphone," in contrast to the 5G brick that Motorola recently announced for Verizon's network.
Device specifications and timing are still up in the air, with the only details we currently have that it will launch in the first half of 2019, and use Sprint's planned mid-band 5G spectrum. The mid-band spectrum that Sprint is planning on using for 5G will be less speedy than the millimeter-wave spectrum that Verizon is relying on, but the much lower frequency means that it should cover more of a city with the same number of cell sites.
BGR Top Deals:
- The best wireless noise cancelling headphones Bose has ever made just got a rare discount
- Secret Amazon sale gets you a popular 60-in-1 screwdriver kit for $8.39
Trending Right Now:
- Blood pressure medication recalled because it gives you cancer instead
- Chrome may soon add a feature that will speed up the entire internet
- Brand new Android phone will deliver Galaxy S10 specs this year
LG and Sprint are going to launch a 5G phone next year, and they promise it won’t be ugly originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 14:19:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.