Leaked anti-leaking memo says Apple had 12 employees arrested last year for leaking
Apple has long had a reputation for being the most buttoned-up tech firm around. Its internal security team is notoriously paranoid, and most of the leaks that we hear about come from supply-chain sources, rather than Cupertino.
But that doesn't mean that Apple is impervious to leakers, and the last 12 months have been a little worse than usual. We had almost all the specs on the iPhone X before it launched, and new software features or products are routinely spilled to the press before Apple can officially launch them. To try and stem the rising tide, Apple sent a memo to its employees, warning them to stop leaking internal information, or face criminal charges. As we'd expect, the memo was promptly leaked to Bloomberg.
BGR Top Deals:
- God of War is one of the best PS4 exclusives ever, and you can save 20% by preordering now
- Yes, you can get free network TV without sticking an ugly antenna on your window
Trending Right Now:
- 10 paid iPhone apps that are free downloads today
- Google either just revealed the name of Android P, or trolled everyone
- Galaxy S9 owners are complaining about a big problem with the phone’s best feature
Leaked anti-leaking memo says Apple had 12 employees arrested last year for leaking originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 at 15:58:26 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.