Look, we already apologized for calling Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ boring. The company was said to be working on a bold new design for the Galaxy S9 duo that offered even larger displays with screen-to-body ratios that reached up above 90%, which would have given them the most impressive "all-screen" design of the year among widely available flagship phones. But Samsung decided to cancel that new design and instead release Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ models that look just like their predecessors.
It remains unclear why Samsung opted to cancel the redesign and stick with last year's look, but we finally came to our senses earlier this month: Samsung's Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are still two of the best-looking phones the world has ever seen, so why not use the design for a second straight year? Heck, if Apple can use the same phone design for four consecutive years, we shouldn't give Samsung any grief over reusing its sleek Galaxy S8 design for a second year. And the good news is even if you do find the look to be boring, leak after leak has shown that Samsung has packed plenty of excitement into this year's flagship Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ phones.
BGR Top Deals:
- It’s crazy how much better the Fire TV Stick and Roku Stick are with this simple $20 accessory
- This best-selling Crock-Pot slow cooker somehow costs less than $10 on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Huge Galaxy S9 and S9+ leak drops a week before Samsung’s official announcement
- Watch: The internet can’t stop talking about Fergie’s National Anthem performance last night
- Dog food recall: Here are all the brands and products being withdrawn
Latest leak may have uncovered the Galaxy S9’s most exciting secret originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 at 10:08:01 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.