One of Apple’s significant iPhone innovations that we hardly talk about is actually a vital piece of the iPhone X puzzle. It’s what allowed Apple to design the all-screen iPhone to fit into a body almost as small as the 4.7-inch iPhones and introduce new features without compromising on battery life.
The iPhone X has a logic board even smaller than the iPhone 8, which means there’s more room inside the phone for extra battery capacity. The flexible PCB is made from liquid crystal polymer (LCP) and allows for high-speed data transfer between the various chips of the iPhone. An Apple insider now says Apple may use the same tech in other devices, including the Apple Watch and even the MacBook.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling soundbar, Philips Hue, Sonos speakers, Christmas lasers, more
- There’s one area Apple didn’t improve on the iPhone X, but you can work around it for $25
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 wants to be an even better desktop computer than its predecessor
- Samsung needed 8 months to figure out there are no Microsoft Edition Galaxy phones
- This is the OnePlus 5T Star Wars edition that you can’t buy
Key iPhone X tech will make future MacBooks faster than ever originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 4 Dec 2017 at 11:15:14 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.