How far away is your cell phone from you right now as you read this? Is it sitting right next to you on your desk or your bedside table? Is it in your pocket? Either way, no matter how badly you think you need your smartphone within arm's length at all times, you could be doing significant long-term damage to your body.
The scientific community has yet to reach a consensus on the severity of exposure to radio frequency energy emitted from cell phones, but a new set of guidelines from the California Department of Public Health suggests that high use could impact human health. If you use your cell phone constantly, you should decrease your exposure.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Nest Cam, $25 Alexa speaker, Bose, Sonos, 128GB microSD, Fitbit Ionic, more
- $40 device adds gigabit Ethernet to your house without having to install anything or run cables
Trending Right Now:
- Scientists have a new theory about where the Mars ocean went, and it totally sucks
- There’s a fish orgy happening in Mexico that’s so loud it’s making other animals go deaf
- Nokia is about to launch a true iPhone killer, and the FCC has all the details
Keep cell phones away from your body, warns the California Department of Public Health originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 20 Dec 2017 at 23:32:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.