‘Justice League’ is officially the lowest-grossing movie in the DC Extended Universe
In what might be the worst possible news for the future of DC films, Justice League wrapped up its domestic run last week as the lowest-grossing movie of the DC Extended Universe. Despite all of the hype and the pressure, the comic book superhero team-up movie only managed to gross $229 million while it was in theaters.
Not only is that a disappointing total for a movie that had a budget of $300 million, but it seems to suggest that DC is moving in the opposite direction of Marvel. The Avengers remains the highest-grossing Marvel movie of all time with a gross of $623 million (though Black Panther is hot on its tail), because we all wanted to see our favorite heroes come together. On the contrary, Justice League garnered the least interest of any DC movie to date.
BGR Top Deals:
- This cordless vacuum is just as good as a Dyson, and it’s only $99 today on Amazon
- Yup, we’ve found the two most comfortable pillows ever
Trending Right Now:
- Sony is giving PS3 owners a $65 settlement – here’s how to get yours
- T-Mobile’s parent company just out-Uncarriered the Uncarrier by letting users nix bloatware
- The future of cord-cutting looks grim right now
‘Justice League’ is officially the lowest-grossing movie in the DC Extended Universe originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 20 Mar 2018 at 21:01:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.