Jupiter’s Europa might be a spiky, dangerous place to land a ship
As telescope technology and other observational tools has improved over the decades we've learned more and more about the planets and moons in our Solar System. We've begun to check off the places that could have possibly harbored life, but a handful of promising destinations still remain. Jupiter's moon Europa is one of the most tantalizing.
The ice-covered world hides a vast ocean beneath its surface, and cracks in its thick ice sheets regularly spew water out into space, teasing us with the possibility that something lives far below. Actually traveling to Europa is still little more than a dream, but when we eventually make it happen we may need to grapple with something unexpected: a surface covered in brutal blades of ice.
BGR Top Deals:
- Nest’s Learning Thermostat is down to its lowest price since Prime Day
- Protect your $1,000+ iPhone XS or XS Max with an ultra-thin case made of real body armor
Trending Right Now:
- Galaxy S10 color options and processor details leaked
- Google teases a surprise coming in the Pixel 3 XL launch tomorrow
- The quality of movies on Netflix has gone downhill, but here’s why it doesn’t matter
Jupiter’s Europa might be a spiky, dangerous place to land a ship originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 22:41:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.