Jony Ive is apparently not a fan of last year’s iPhone design
Though Jony Ive may be more widely known for designing some of Apple's more iconic consumer oriented products -- from the original iMac to the recently released iPhone X -- Apple's design chief also played an instrumental role in designing the company's new spaceship campus. In recent interview with Smithsonian Magazine, we learn that Ive worked closely with the architecture firm that helped transform Steve Jobs' vision for a new Apple campus into a reality. Hardly a surprise, nearly every aspect of Apple's new campus was designed with input from Ives.
One of the more interesting aspects from the Ive interview involve his remarks on the iPhone X and his thoughts on previous iPhone models. For Ive, the iPhone X -- with its edge to edge display -- represents the idealized version of what a smartphone should look and feel like. Even before the iPhone X was on our radar, Ive famously said he wanted an iPhone to "appear like a single sheet of glass."
BGR Top Deals:
- Hurry: The Nest Thermostat is back on sale below its Black Friday price
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
Trending Right Now:
- Windows 10 is about to get a game-changing feature
- $14 device gives any 4K TV you got on Black Friday a huge visual upgrade
- Please don’t buy bitcoin with your credit card
Jony Ive is apparently not a fan of last year’s iPhone design originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 30 Nov 2017 at 12:16:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.