It’s the same old story at LG: Still upbeat about mobile, but still losing money
LG on the whole has been riding high in 2018. But that's no thanks to its serially struggling mobile business.
Everyone has basically been writing the same version of this story for a while now. The electronics giant releases earnings that show the company doing well -- and that it would be doing even better if it didn't have a mobile division at all. The division, which recently pinned its hopes on sales of the five-camera V40 ThinQ flagship, has lost more than $400 million this year. Not that it's alone in the struggle, of course, as other handset makers including Sony and HTC are also likewise financially floundering a bit in their mobile efforts.
BGR Top Deals:
- Turn your Fire TV remote into a QWERTY keyboard and universal TV remote with this $25 accessory
- Turn any garage door opener into a smart garage door opener with one $80 device
Trending Right Now:
- Netflix will debut 57 new original shows and movies in November – here’s the full list
- Archaeologists uncover oldest weapons ever found in North America, and they might rewrite history
- This might be how Apple ditches the notch on its new iPhones
It’s the same old story at LG: Still upbeat about mobile, but still losing money originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 21:03:18 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.