It’s only a matter of time until ads start creeping into WhatApp’s Status feature
We’ve known for a while that WhatsApp will not remain ad-free, as reports in the past few months confirmed Facebook’s intentions to monetize its biggest acquisition ever, revealing the complex internal turmoil between Facebook's top execs and WhatsApp's co-founders — both WhatsApp creators left Facebook earlier this year. The Status feature is where you can expect advertisements to pop up in the not too distant future, and a Facebook exec reconfirmed it.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s early Black Friday sale is now live!
- Amazon has a rare sale on weatherproof home security cameras that somehow offer 2-year battery life
Trending Right Now:
- You can already buy the first foldable smartphone in the world, but not from Samsung or Huawei
- This is pretty much the Galaxy S10 of our dreams
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 is so epic, it almost became three full-length movies
It’s only a matter of time until ads start creeping into WhatApp’s Status feature originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 06:50:01 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.