If you were hoping that HBO might be able to sneak in the final installment of Game of Thrones before the end of the year, you're sadly out of luck. On Thursday, the network confirmed that the six-episode eighth season of the record-breaking series will premiere in 2019, as rumors and interviews had led us to believe over the past few months.
In addition to confirming the release window, HBO also noted that David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, David Nutter and Miguel Sapochnik will direct. Benioff and Weiss will also write the final season, alongside Dave Hill and Bryan Cogman.
BGR Top Deals:
- I’ll never go back to watching TV without this $14 accessory
- The AirPods accessory everyone should have is only $12 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
- Marlboro maker Philip Morris just said it’s done with cigarettes
- Why on Earth did I wait so long to disable Siri on my iPhone X?
It’s official: ‘Game of Thrones’ won’t return for its final season until 2019 originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 4 Jan 2018 at 15:23:59 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.