iPhone X may be discontinued this year
As we detailed earlier today, reputed analyst Ming-Chi Kuo recently issued a new investor note claiming that Apple's 2018 lineup will feature two brand new versions of the iPhone X. Interestingly, one model is said to feature a 6.5-inch OLED display while the second will reportedly boast a 6.1-inch LCD display. Naturally, both devices will feature edge to edge displays and will utilize Face ID for user authentication as opposed to Touch ID.
Now that's relatively straight forward, but here's where things get interesting. Kuo -- who we should note has an exemplary track record with respect to iPhone rumors -- adds that Apple may opt to discontinue the current iPhone X entirely if sales are underwhelming.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to cut the cord without losing live network TV or your DVR
- $26 device uses your phone to beam holographic navigation onto your car’s dash
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9’s main specs detailed in extensive new report
- Watch a rocket booster nearly destroy a Chinese village when it falls to Earth and explodes
- Samsung found a way to kill the iPhone X notch, but Apple already has a better solution