iPhone to unlock hotel doors, act as virtual transit card after iOS 12 update
The iPhone 6 was the first iPhone to come with a built-in NFC chip, needed to handle Apple Pay transactions. Apple’s mobile payment solution came alongside iPhone 6 and has been available on all iPhones and Apple Watch models launched since then.
Apple, however, did not allow third-party developers to take advantage of the full abilities of the NFC chip until now. Things are about to change come iOS 12, which will transform iPhones into hotel key doors, virtual transit cards, to name a few examples of what can be done with NFC technology.
BGR Top Deals:
- Brilliant adapter makes your wired Bose noise cancelling headphones wireless
- Amazon Memorial Day sale: Up to 80% off 100 popular Kindle books
Trending Right Now:
- New report reveals even more freaky details about the UFO that shocked the US Navy
- Best Buy is slashing $300 off the Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 8
- Is Pluto really just a giant comet?
iPhone to unlock hotel doors, act as virtual transit card after iOS 12 update originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 26 May 2018 at 13:31:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.