iPhone battery explodes after idiot bites it to make sure it’s genuine
I can think of only a few scenarios where it’s appropriate to bite objects that aren't food in public. It’s okay to do it if you’re a toddler who happens to be teething or is curious about what some toy tastes like, or perhaps you're a gold miner inspecting your newfound fortune. But neither example includes biting into an iPhone battery to verify it’s authentic.
Only idiots do that. And when they do, there’s always a theoretical chance that the battery will explode. Luckily, there’s a video of such a case from China that resulted in the battery going up in flames. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.
BGR Top Deals:
- The best wireless charger for Apple’s iPhone X is made by… Samsung
- $28 power strip has four outlets that can be controlled individually with Alexa
Trending Right Now:
- Apple reportedly plans to discontinue the first-gen iPhone X later this year
- Leaked video gives us our first look at a working Galaxy S9
- Android O is on less than 1% of devices… and Google is about to unveil Android P
iPhone battery explodes after idiot bites it to make sure it’s genuine originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 24 Jan 2018 at 11:42:25 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.