iOS 12 adoption surpasses 50% just three weeks after its release
Just three weeks after releasing iOS 12, Apple's latest mobile OS is already running on the majority of iPhones and iPads. According to data made available on Apple's developer page, 53% of all iOS devices introduced over the last four years are now running the most recent iteration of iOS. When the data set is expanded to include iOS devices that were released before 2014, that adoption rate still stands at a respectable 50%.
The numbers become even more impressive when we take iOS 11 into account. As evidenced by the image below, 40% of iOS users on recent devices are still running iOS 11. When looking at the cumulative number of iOS devices, iOS 11 usage checks in at 39%. In short, 89% of all iOS devices are currently running an iteration of iOS that, at the most, is about 1-year-old.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon sale slashes $55 noise cancelling headphones to just $43
- Any TV becomes a giant touchscreen when you attach this awesome device
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung is already trolling the Pixel 3 XL’s ugly notch
- New leak may reveal Apple’s completely overhauled iPad Pro design ahead of launch
- Google thinks a second lens is ‘unnecessary’ for the Pixel 3’s main camera
iOS 12 adoption surpasses 50% just three weeks after its release originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 23:07:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.