iOS 12.0.1 now available, fixes charging bug and Wi-Fi network issues
Less than a month after releasing iOS 12, Apple has begun rolling out the first update for the new version of its mobile operating system in order to address a few notable issues that have arisen since launch. If you've been online at all in the past few weeks, you've probably read about a charging issue affecting some iOS 12 devices. For those who did not: Some devices wouldn't charge when plugged in unless the display was activated first.
iOS 12.0.1 has now addressed this issue, though it's worth noting that Apple specifically discusses the iPhone XS in the release notes, despite the fact that users of a wide variety of devices reported encountering the issue, including iPad users. We'll find out in the coming days if the fix applies to everyone or just iPhone XS users.
BGR Top Deals:
- Protect your $1,000+ iPhone XS or XS Max with an ultra-thin case made of real body armor
- Nintendo’s Switch and SNES Classic are the hottest consoles today – the SupaBoy S combines them
Trending Right Now:
- There’s something wrong with the Hubble Space Telescope
- The Netflix vs. Amazon Prime Video war is making piracy cool again
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 launch gave California residents another scare
iOS 12.0.1 now available, fixes charging bug and Wi-Fi network issues originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 13:48:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.