Apple earlier today released iOS 11.2, an update that includes a number of welcome new features and important bug fixes. On the feature front, iOS 11.2 finally introduces support for Apple Pay Cash, a mobile payment feature which lets iOS users send and receive cash from directly within the Messages app. Users with cash in their account -- which is available via the Wallet app -- will have the ability to transfer money to friends, directly to their bank account, and of course, make purchases across the web.
iOS 11.2 also introduces support for faster 7.5W wireless charging for the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and the iPhone X. While you likely won't see drastic charging gains with the iOS 11.2 update, it's certainly a step in the right direction.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: Bose headphones, Call of Duty: WWII, Echo Dot, waterproof wireless speaker, more
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
Trending Right Now:
- This incredibly gorgeous photo of Jupiter will mesmerize you
- The search for alien life was just dealt a massive blow
- Apple may release a new 9.7-inch iPad for less than $300
iOS 11.2 is here with support for Apple Pay Cash, faster wireless charging, and more originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 2 Dec 2017 at 11:50:24 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.