Investors are tired of Uber losing money on self-driving cars
Uber's self-driving car has been touted as the thing that's going to eventually take the ride-sharing company out of the red and into the cheap, ubiquitous mass-transit future that it's been promising.
Unfortunately, Uber's self-driving car program has also been the subject of a high-profile court case, been kicked out of San Francisco, and killed a pedestrian in Arizona thanks to something that sure looks like corporate negligance. Investors, probably tired of the bad PR but certainly tired of the $125 million the self-driving program loses every quarter, have now suggested to Uber that it should divest the self-driving car division before things get worse.
BGR Top Deals:
- $25 is all it takes to get a mosquito repellent that actually works
- $64 device adds a backup camera to your car without running any video wires
Trending Right Now:
- Everyone who died in ‘Infinity War’ and everyone confirmed to come back to life in ‘Avengers 4’
- California’s massive wildfires are pushing carbon monoxide across the country
- Apple may have found a brilliant way to bring fingerprint sensors back to all-screen iPhones
Investors are tired of Uber losing money on self-driving cars originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 21:01:40 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.