Instagram wants users to start seeing more new posts first again
Instagram announced on Thursday that it is once again adjusting the algorithm that controls the feed to ensure that users will be more likely to see newer posts as they scroll through the app. Instagram says that once the change is implemented, "your feed will feel more fresh," and you won't miss new photos as they arrive in your feed.
Instagram came under fire when it canned the chronological feed in favor of an algorithm in 2016. Users complained that they were missing new posts and had no way to sort the content they followed. The chances of Instagram caving and bringing back chronological posts are minuscule, but at least the company is listening to users.
BGR Top Deals:
- The popular Aukey wireless earbuds everyone loves are only $18 today on Amazon
- The $59 bundle is gone, but Logitech Harmony’s Ultimate remote and Hub are Amazon’s deal of the day
Trending Right Now:
- Good lord, Android phone makers refuse to stop
- T-Mobile, Verizon, and everyone else lost to Google Fi for the most popular cell network
- Latest Google Maps update brings a brand new feature I’ve wanted forever
Instagram wants users to start seeing more new posts first again originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 22 Mar 2018 at 16:52:49 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.