‘Incredibles 2’ just broke the opening weekend record for animated movies
The Incredibles 2 has got off to a spectacular start, breaking Finding Dory's 2016 record for an opening weekend by an animated movie. The film pulled in $180 million from domestic theaters and another $51.5 million internationally, according to Box Office Mojo. It also gained itself a place in the top-ten all-time openings for films of any kind, which is exactly the kind of result that was worth waiting 14 years for.
One thing worth bearing in mind is that box-office numbers are normally quoted in nominal US dollars, and since the cost of a movie ticket has increased dramatically in nominal terms over the last 50 years, there's an implicit advantage for more recent movies in breaking box-office records. Nonetheless, Incredibles 2 has pulled off a feat that I'm working really hard to not call incredible.
BGR Top Deals:
- The smartwatch with one-month battery life is back on Amazon, and it’s only $65 right now
- Aukey’s brand new Alexa enabled smart plugs are $11 a piece today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- This app you’ve never heard of lets you watch shows and movies for free that aren’t even on Netflix
- New Apple sale at Best Buy slashes prices of iPhone, Apple Watch S3, HomePod, and more
- Apple’s newest iOS 12 feature is an even bigger game-changer than you realize
‘Incredibles 2’ just broke the opening weekend record for animated movies originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 18 Jun 2018 at 17:56:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.