If you’ve got the cash for it, early reviews make Samsung’s QLED 8K TV sound like a good deal
If you've got $15k to spend on a gorgeous TV that you absolutely don't need, then by all means, let this be the one. That's the takeaway you might be left with after checking out the early reviews of Samsung's 85-inch, QLED 8K TV -- the Q900R that was unveiled at IFA 2018 and which reviewers and tech outlets are praising for everything from its design to the AI-based 8K upscaling technology.
Again, this is arguably a super-luxe product that absolutely no one needs right now, at least not until we can actually access 8K content. Nevertheless, Samsung itself has rounded up a heap of reviews today to disseminate to buyers whose pockets are big enough to absorb a purchase like this. All of those reviews, again, in praise of a TV with Real 8K Resolution features embedded with Samsung's proprietary 8K AI Upscaling technology. As we've noted before, that upscaling is one of the key things the company is betting will help push potential buyers to actually pull the trigger. It refers to the chip that uses AI to analyze an image in real time and then dip into an image database to present a “much more accurate and precise digital guess at how to plug in missing picture information.”
BGR Top Deals:
- You shouldn’t steal $1 million of cable service like this guy, but here’s how to save $120 a year on your bill
- Check out this $17 multicolor smart LED bulb before you buy Philips Hue’s $50 bulb
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel star comes to the rescue with a huge ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler
- ‘Magic UX’ is the most impressive thing we’ve seen on a smartphone in years
- Samsung sues brand ambassador for $1.6 million after she was caught using an iPhone in public
If you’ve got the cash for it, early reviews make Samsung’s QLED 8K TV sound like a good deal originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 19:06:51 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.