If Netflix cut your bill by $3 – but started showing ads – tons of you would still cancel
Netflix, if you're listening -- there are more warning signs that your current dalliance with the ads that you're not really referring to as ads is a bad idea.
Media research company Hub Entertainment Research is out today with the results of its "The Future of Monetization" study. It shows, among other things, that if Netflix ever goes full-bore into ads, meaning the actual breaking up of content to show ads like on normal TV, the service would lose about a quarter of its subscribers.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s best-selling Wi-Fi extender has 13,000 5-star reviews, and it’s on sale for $21 today
- There’s one reason this $80 smartwatch is way more impressive than the new Apple Watches about to launch
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler says undoing the ‘Infinity War’ deaths is going to bring serious heartbreak
- Obesity might actually make you dumber, new study says
- Unofficial iPhone Xr video showcases Apple’s most intriguing phone of 2018
If Netflix cut your bill by $3 – but started showing ads – tons of you would still cancel originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 20:00:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.