If ads are so important to Facebook, why does it suck this bad at them?
Facebook is the social media mega-titan that it is partly because it has such a strong money-making operation underneath the whole thing that has powered its growth and helped the company steamroll over competitors for years. You could even argue the company is really a highly targeted ad business, with a social network that's glommed on to it. Recall Mark Zuckerberg's appearance on Capitol Hill earlier this year, during a hearing in which one Senator asked Facebook's taciturn chief executive how exactly you maintain a business in which users don't pay for the product. "Senator, we run ads," was Zuck's response.
BGR Top Deals:
- Get the tiny accessory that should come with every Roku Stick and Fire TV Stick for $7
- This $30 one-touch can opener has 4,500 5-star reviews on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- A big chunk of space junk came crashing down in California, and it’s just been identified
- The first ‘Avengers 4’ trailer supposedly leaked online
- New study says not exercising is pretty much the worst thing you can possibly do
If ads are so important to Facebook, why does it suck this bad at them? originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 20 Oct 2018 at 14:02:43 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.