I think Blizzard just fixed ‘Overwatch’
Overwatch is doing remarkably well for a two-year-old multiplayer game that relies on people being civil to strangers online. It recently hit 40 million users, new maps and heroes are still pouring out of Blizzard's studios for no extra cost, and the Overwatch League pro tier is starting to find its legs.
But at the casual level, there are persistent problems that have still existed since the beginning that have nothing to do with mechanical gameplay. Overwatch relies on having a balanced team comp for the game to work well, but getting that hallowed 2/2/2 setup with a bunch of strangers has been a problem since the game first launched. In the latest update, however, Blizzard has rolled out a whole new way of finding teams and finding games that just might fix all of the problems.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today only: Prime Day just came early for one of Amazon’s most popular Instant Pots
- The hot new 50-inch 4K Fire TV that costs just $399.99 is now available on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Secret settings hidden in your Android phone will make it feel twice as fast
- A major Google Maps redesign is rolling out to everyone right now
- iOS 12 public beta: The 10 best new features now available on your iPhone