Hurricane Michael has arrived, and it’s stronger than anyone expected
Hurricane Michael just made landfall along the Florida panhandle and it's packing much more of a punch than most assumed it would when warnings about its arrival began to spread about a week ago. At the time, the then-tropical-storm wasn't expected to achieve its current Category 4 status, but now that it's here, it's time to batten down the hatches.
The Weather Channel warns of "catastrophic storm surge" and incredibly high speed winds associated with the storm. Sustained winds have been measured at up to 155 miles per hour, which is at the extreme upper limit of what weather experts expect from a Category 4 storm.
BGR Top Deals:
- Fire TV Stick refurbs are on sale for just $25, today only
- Charge your new Apple Watch Series 4 (or any other model) on the go for $40
Trending Right Now:
- Google didn’t even announce the one Pixel 3 feature that will make everyone want the phone
- The real ‘Avengers 4’ title may have leaked, but we all missed it
- Marvel star teases return to ‘Avengers 4’ despite her heartbreaking ‘Infinity War’ death
Hurricane Michael has arrived, and it’s stronger than anyone expected originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 15:31:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.