AT&T was supposed to announce a partnership to carry some of Huawei’s hottest Android phones, but the deal was dropped at the last minute, according to reports. Apparently, the US is worried about potential ties between Huawei and the Chinese government, which is why the smartphone maker won’t be getting any contracts with American mobile operators in the near future.
That didn’t stop Huawei CEO Richard Yu from going off script during Huawei’s CEO keynote to express his annoyance.
BGR Top Deals:
- Add a head-up display to any car with this $48 device
- Today’s top deals: Ring Video Doorbell, Crock-Pot, $19 earbuds, $70 robot vacuum, $13 Alexa bulb, more
Trending Right Now:
- Sprint customers are about to get a very unpleasant bill hike
- This is how the first smartphone with a fingerprint sensor under the display works
- Groundbreaking new studies suggest the presence of a fourth dimension
Huawei’s CEO is really annoyed he can’t sell phones through US carriers originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 at 07:45:52 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.