HP’s new convertible Chromebook is a $599 MacBook killer
Chromebooks have a reputation for being cheap, low-powered computers that are good for schools and web browsing, and not a lot else. There are a handful of exceptions, but by and large, the best-selling Chromebooks have always been around $300, with the world of higher-priced laptops left for Apple and Microsoft to divvy up.
HP's new Chromebook x360 14 isn't the first Chrome OS device to break from that formula, but it could be the most compelling. Although the price is a little on the high side, compared to the Chromebook average, HP more than justifies it with the internals. It comes with 8GB of RAM and an Intel Core i3 or i5 processor, more powerful than the M-series processors found in some premium Chromebooks.
BGR Top Deals:
- Nest’s Learning Thermostat is down to its lowest price since Prime Day
- Protect your $1,000+ iPhone XS or XS Max with an ultra-thin case made of real body armor
Trending Right Now:
- Google teases a surprise coming in the Pixel 3 XL launch tomorrow
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 launch gave California residents another scare
- The quality of movies on Netflix has gone downhill, but here’s why it doesn’t matter
HP’s new convertible Chromebook is a $599 MacBook killer originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 19:14:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.