Slide over, split view, and picture-in-picture are great in iOS 9, but how could Apple make them even better in iOS 10?
The original iPad ran "iPhone OS", which shows how tightly coupled Apple's tablets have been with their phones. A few multitasking navigation gestures aside, it remained that way until iOS 9 introduced several new features specifically for the iPad. That includes slide over and split view apps, and picture-in-picture video. They're a huge step forward, but also a first step. So what would you like to see changed in iOS 10?
- More efficient app switcher for slide over and secondary apps.
- More consistent app switcher for split view and primary apps.
- Ability to quickly swap apps from primary to secondary.
- Drag-and-drop content between primary and secondary apps.
- 30/70 split view with narrow app on the left.
- 50/50 split view in portrait mode.
- Horizontal split view for portrait mode.
- Picture-in-picture-style remote view for apps.
I've long wanted iPad to benefit from iPadOS the way Watch and TV benefit from watchOS and tvOS. Multi-app multitasking brings that dream closer to reality, at least for apps if not for Home screen. But iOS 10 (iOS X) is less than a year away, so what do you want from multi-app multitasking?