How to watch the supermoon this weekend
There are interesting skywatching events every year, but 2017 has been particularly generous, with the eclipse drawing millions to peer skyward and plenty of cool moon action as well, but it's still not done. This weekend will feature the biggest, brightest full moon of the year, and catching it should be pretty easy for just about everyone.
The supermoon, as it's called, will appear in the night sky on the evening of December 3rd. The moon will be closer to Earth than it typically is, and will appear roughly 7 percent larger and 16 percent brighter than it typically is. It's on Sunday night, and unfortunately for any aspiring skywatchers who have to work the next day, the moon will be at its biggest and brightest at between 3:45am and 4:00am EST on Monday, November 4th.
BGR Top Deals:
- How to give your Fire TV or Chromecast a huge speed boost for just $18
- Today’s top deals: Bose headphones, Call of Duty: WWII, Echo Dot, waterproof wireless speaker, more
Trending Right Now:
- Astronomers spot a planet so hostile they had a hard time believing it
- Brilliant moron uses empty snack bags to block his employer’s GPS tracking, gets fired anyway
- All Apple Watch owners can now track their heart health