Do you have photos on your iPad that you want to transfer to your PC or Mac? In this article, we’ll tell you step-by-step how to transfer your photos from your iPad or any other iOS device to a PC, Mac or iCloud Photo Library.
The first step is to decide where you want to transfer your photos. You can transfer them to your iCloud Photo Library, Mac or PC.
Importing To A PC
If you want your photos on your PC, you can do this by connecting your iOS device to your PC and using Window Photos Gallery. Here’s how to do it:
1. Updated to the latest version of iTunes (at the top of the iTunes window click on Help > Check for Updates, and then follow the procedure on screen).
2. Connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to your PC using a USB cable.
3. Unlock your device using your passcode.
4. On your device, you might be asked to Trust This Computer, make sure you tap Allow or Trust to continue.
You may notice that some of your videos are rotated incorrectly in Windows Photo Gallery, to fix this, add the videos to iTunes to play them in the proper order. It’s important to note that videos and photos synced from your PC to an iOS device via iTunes can’t be imported back to your PC.
Importing To A Mac
If you want to import photos to your Mac, you want to make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac installed, then follow the steps listed below:
1. Connect your iOS device to your Mac using a USB cable.
2. Unlock your device using your passcode.
3. On your Mac, the Photos app should automatically open and will show you an import screen of all the photos and videos on your iOS device.
4. Select the photos you want to import, then click Import Selected. If you want to import all new photos, click Import All New Photos.
iCloud Photo Library
If you decide to use this method, you will be able to access your photos and videos using any iOS device (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Mac, Apple TV, PC, and iCloud.com. Your most recent photos will automatically be added to your iCloud Photo Library and all your edits or changes to photos will be remembered across all devices. Here’s how to turn on iCloud Photo Library:
1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, and turn on iCloud Photo Library. For those who are running iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.
2. If you’re using a Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud, then click on the Options button (located next to Photos), and select iCloud Photo Library.
3. If you’re using your PC, make sure you download iCloud for Windows. Once it’s installed and opened, click on Options, select iCloud Photo Library, click Done, then Apply. Once you’re done, you will need to turn on iCloud Photo Library on all your devices.
It should be noted that if you already synced your photos to your iOS device using iTunes, then turn on iCloud Photo Library, a message will pop up saying that “Photos and Videos Synced from iTunes will be removed.” This means that the photos that you synced from your computer will remain on your PC but will be removed from your iOS devices.
You’ve now successfully imported your photos using either your PC, Mac, or iCloud Photo Library. If you need additional help, be sure to head over to Apple’s support page or your local Apple Store.
Come comment on this article: How To Transfer Your Photos To A PC, Mac Or iCloud Photo Library