How to track Hurricane Florence as it moves towards the Carolinas
Hurricane season is about to arrive in a very physical way on the East Coast of the US, as current tracking shows that Hurricane Florence, recently upgraded to a Category 4, could make landfall Thursday evening at Wilmington, North Carolina.
However, with the worst effects of the storm not expected until Thursday or Friday, there's still a great deal of uncertainty about the storm's path. Weather forecasting is notoriously tricky to get right, even with supercomputers and some of the world’s best scientists on the case. Different approaches to forecasting have led to a mess of different predicted storm paths, with the options including a full-on hurricane hit for North Carolina, or a stall offshore that could bring torrential rain.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s running a big sale on smart LED lighting that’s already cheaper than Philips Hue, today only
- It’s not too late for Prime members to get a Fire TV Stick for $25
Trending Right Now:
- Apple insider spills details about almost everything Apple is announcing this week
- Biggest ‘Infinity War’ leaker says ‘Avengers 4’ ending hasn’t been decided yet
- Scientists create most detailed map of Antarctica ever
How to track Hurricane Florence as it moves towards the Carolinas originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 10 Sep 2018 at 15:28:32 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.