How to Share Your iPhone Photos With Your Apple Watch
The Apple Watch display, while small, is a beautiful OLED display capable of displaying photos for sharing with others, or even using them as a watch face. Here’s how to share photos to your Watch from your iPhone.
Syncing Photos From Your iPhone to Your Apple Watch
- Create a new Album in the Photos app on your iPhone. For this tutorial, let’s call it “Apple Watch.”
- Copy the photos you want to share with your Apple Watch to the newly created “Apple Watch” album.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone, on the “My Watch” tab, tap the “Photos” menu item.
- Under “PHOTO SYNCING” tap the “Synced Album” menu item.
- Now, tap the photo album you wish to sync with your Apple Watch. In this case, we’re sharing the “Apple Watch” album.
- Wait awhile for the photos to copy from your iPhone to your Watch. Depending on how many photos are in the album, this could take a few seconds to a few minutes.
- Open the Photos app on your Watch to view the photos you copied over.
While the photos on your Apple Watch will be smaller and of a lower resolution, they’ll still work perfectly for showing off to friends, or even using them to create your own custom watch faces.
Note: On the “Photos” screen in the Watch app on your iPhone, you can also set a limit for how many photos to share, you can share 25, 50, 250, or 500 photos at a time. Up to this limit, any photo you save to your shared folder in the Photos app will automatically be copied to your Apple Watch.
P.S. – Any screenshots your take on the Apple Watch will be automatically copied over to the “Screenshots” album on your iPhone. Handy, no?