How to play Google’s secret adventure game
One of Google's most iconic Easter eggs is that dinosaur game that becomes playable any time the Chrome browser is unable to connect to the internet, but it turns out that it's not the only game the company has hidden from sight. Last month, Reddit user attempt_number_1 discovered a full text adventure game hidden in Google Search which no one had ever seen before. It's unclear how long it's been there, but anyone can play it at any time.
In order to access the game, you'll need to open up a browser (Chrome is preferable, but Edge and Firefox both work as well), head on over to Google.com, and search for "text adventure." Once you reach the search results, hold down Ctrl+Shift+J on Windows or Command+Option+J on Mac to open the console. You should see a prompt asking if you want to play a game. Type "yes," press enter, and the game will begin.
BGR Top Deals:
- Cable companies are furious that we’re telling everyone about this $50 box
- The Solo 5 is a Bose sound bar you can actually afford
Trending Right Now:
- Best Buy mistakenly sold a next-gen Chromecast well before Google’s Pixel 3 event
- OnePlus 6T is getting its own headphone jack dongle, a new leak says
- George R.R. Martin has posted an excerpt from his next book, out in November