How to manage the apps that have access to your Google account
Facebook may be in the hot seat over its fast and loose user privacy policies, and you should totally give yourself a Facebook privacy checkup using the company’s existing and updated tools. But while you’re at it, you might want to check out Google, too. The search giant has even more data on you than Facebook. And just like Facebook, Google shares some of your data with third-parties as long as you agree with it. That even includes third-party apps you log into using your Google account. And given that Facebook’s privacy scandal started with an app that got ahold of Facebook user data, you might want to review the apps that have access to your Google account to help prevent that might pop up down the road.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $16 accessory will make sure your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick never has streaming problems again
- Add gigabit Ethernet to your home in 2 minutes for just $40
Trending Right Now:
- What in the world did NASA just spot in the Arctic sea ice?
- Hackers may have used your Gmail address for spam, but they didn’t hack your account
- Apple’s iPhone X successors will have a big advantage over 2018 Android phones
How to manage the apps that have access to your Google account originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 at 15:01:15 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.