How to easily check to see if Apple is slowing down your iPhone
Remember how crazy all those conspiracy theorists sounded when they carried on and on about "planned obsolescence," claiming that Apple was intentionally slowing down older iPhone models to force people to upgrade? Remember how Apple remained completely silent and let everyone go on thinking those people were insane? Well, Apple was effectively lying the entire time, or at least willingly misleading the public, because those people were correct in that Apple has indeed been intentionally slowing down older iPhone models.
Once the company was caught, it finally fessed up to the throttling. According to Apple, however, it slows down old iPhones in order to improve battery life and prevent unwanted shutdowns. Whatever the case, Apple has been beyond deceitful for all this time and the company now faces more than a dozen lawsuits as a result.
While iPhone owners wait for things to unfold on the legal front, the only way for people to restore their iPhone performance back to normal is to swap out their old batteries for new ones. Apple has reduced the cost of battery swaps to $29 for the iPhone 6 and later, and well-known third-party repair shop iFixit is now selling $29 DIY kits for older iPhone models as well. But how can you tell if your older iPhone is being slowed down? We'll show you how easy it is in this post.
BGR Top Deals:
- Super NES Classic is in stock at a premium right now on Amazon – with Prime shipping
- Today’s top deals: Ring Video Doorbell, Crock-Pot, $19 earbuds, $70 robot vacuum, $13 Alexa bulb, more
Trending Right Now:
- Sprint customers are about to get a very unpleasant bill hike
- This is how the first smartphone with a fingerprint sensor under the display works
- The 10 biggest announcements from the 3 biggest brands at CES 2018
How to easily check to see if Apple is slowing down your iPhone originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 at 09:35:59 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.