How to download the ‘Fortnite’ beta on Android, now open to everyone
It took a while, but the Fortnite Android Beta is finally available to everyone, regardless of device. The beta launched on Android alongside Samsung's Galaxy Note 9 in August. For the first few months, only owners of recent Samsung devices were able to download the game, but on Thursday, developer Epic Games announced that anyone with a compatible device can download the game for free and start playing -- no invite necessary.
The only catch is that you won't find Fortnite on the Google Play store. Instead, you have to visit Fortnite.com/Android on your Android device (or scan the QR code on this site) and sideload the app on to your phone or tablet. It's slightly annoying, but it's the only way to get Fortnite installed on your Android device.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon sale slashes $55 noise cancelling headphones to just $43
- The Instant Pot with 23,000 5-star reviews was just discounted again on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung is already trolling the Pixel 3 XL’s ugly notch
- New leak may reveal Apple’s completely overhauled iPad Pro design ahead of launch
- The Pixel 3 won’t help the fact that Google just can’t seem to sell Pixel phones
How to download the ‘Fortnite’ beta on Android, now open to everyone originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 15:43:22 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.