How to cut the cord without losing live network TV or your DVR
Now that you’ve finally cut the cord, you’re probably saving more money each month than you know what to do with. Here are a few suggestions: take your family out to a nice dinner, add some extra money to your savings each month, and spend $28 on a Mediasonic Homeworx HW180STB OTA DVR. With this simple little box, you can get back the DVR features you lost when you canceled cable. This way, you can record live network TV shows you get for free using your OTA TV antenna so you can watch them anytime you want.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Receive Over-The-Air Digital Broadcast to your Analog and Digital TV, Projector, and Computer Monitor. Antenna Out Analog Pass Through, Favorite Channel List, Parental Control Function,USB Multimedia Player Function.
- Auto Tuning, HDMI 1080P Output / Composite Out / Coaxial Output, Closed Caption,Real-Time recording & Programmed Time Recording, Auto, 16:9 Pillar Box, 16:9 Pan G Scan, 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan G Scan, 4:3 Full, 16:9 Wide Screen. Timing Start Up & Shut Down.
- Recording require user to connect a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 2.5" / 3.5" External Hard Drive via USB (Up to 2TB). (USB Flash Drive not recommended)
- **PLEASE NOTE**:This converter box is designed to receive Over-The-Air signal, and it is not a replacement of cable box. External Antenna is required to connect to this converter box in order to receive signal. This product does NOT Work with TIVO and cable company such as Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Time Warner Cable, etc. In general, this product does NOT work with encrypted cable signal
Mediasonic Homeworx HW180STB 3 / 4 Channel HDTV Digital Converter…: Price too low to display
An important note: This box doesn’t ship with any internal storage, but you can use any flash drive or external hard drive you already have as storage. Here are two options if you’re looking for something new:
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Crock-Pot for $15, Vizio soundbar, $22 Bluetooth earbuds, life-sized Porg, more
- ‘Amazon’s Choice’ robot vacuum just dropped to its lowest price ever
Trending Right Now:
- Google’s secret OS that may someday replace Android was just caught on video
- Samsung found a way to kill the iPhone X notch, but Apple already has a better solution
- A new asteroid was discovered just seven hours before cruising past Earth
How to cut the cord without losing live network TV or your DVR originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 12:16:21 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.